Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 23, 2005

There's something different about today. . .

Something feels different about today for me. Suddenly today I feel like something new is in the air. I think it could be Autumn coming. So in honor of that I will now type in only lovely autumn colors. . .I know that it is still over 95 degrees in Texas, but for some reason this morning I opened the blinds in my scrap room and lit a candle and started working and I just felt it. It is hard to describe. Of course it could just be the new hazelnut scented candle, but I think that it's something else. I love fall. It means I can finally start wearing my worn out and well loved sweatshirts I've had since college. Everyone seems to think of Spring as a time of new beginnings, but I tend to think of fall as that time. When the old way is dying and the new is lying in wait for the perfect time to make it's appearance. My other favorites about this time of year are. . . (this calls for a list)
1. pumpkins
2. halloween
3. leaves changing colors
4. crisp, cool morning air
5. snuggling weather
6. Thanksgiving
7. Thanksgiving
8. sweatshirts and jeans
9. football
10. the state fair

One more week of September left!!! Then out come the Halloween decorations. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe you can even say fall, the weather we've been having!

I did go buy halloween candy this week though. . . .