Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

No title needed......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I have been wanting to write a post about Mia for awhile now. Afterall, she is the ORIGINAL reason I started this blog! So here goes:

Recently Mia has been so fun! I think that even though 2 1/2 is a difficult age and she is quite the handful these days this is my FAVORITE age. Well, so far at least. Mia is at the age now that she is fun to actually hang out with. If you don't count having to watch "Cars" over and over and over and over and over.........Recently, we went to Targer to celebrate her first poop in the potty (I know, stop laughing) and we picked out her "prize" and then went to get a slushy. I couldn't think of anyone I would enjoy going to get a slushy with more. It reminded me of my good friend Rachel and our quest for the perfect slushy back in college. We went to at least 15 7-11's in one night to find one that had red, white AND blue so we could mix the perfect one. Mia would totally be up for that! See what I mean about hanging out. If I want to go to the mall and just look around and then eat at the food court then Mia is always ready to go. She is always ready and excited to do things as mundane as going to the bank, the grocery store and the post office. She is a great little sidekick.

The other thing I have been loving about her recently is how she pronounces words wrong. There are a few words that I never correct her on because I don't want her to ever stop saying them in her cute little Mia way. My absolute favorite has to be "pollypop" (lollypop). She loves them and will ask in the sweetest voice "Mommy, Mia wants a pollypop?" Now who could resist that? That reminds me, she does talk about herself in 3rd person which is at the same time endearing and also extremely irritating. Irritating because we then also use 3rd person. "Mia, mommy and daddy are tired and are ready for bed. Daddy are you ready for bed? Mommy is ready for bed. Goodnight, Mia. Goodnight, Daddy. Goodnight, Mommy." Just kidding it's not that bad, but I am ready to hear her say "I" or "me" once in awhile.

So back to cute words:
marshmelon(or sometimes watermelon)=marshmellow
tamorning=tomorrow
toast office=post office
mecinine (meeh-cin-ine)=medicine
Dora M=dora shaped vitamin
hold you=means will you hold me
soap=soda (Dr. Pepper)
and ANY grocery store is called Wal-Mart.

I won't even talk about the things I don't love about this age because the things I talked about above make it worth the other stuff!!

P.S. I'm sure you are wondering as you look at the pictures of Mia on this blog "Does this kid EVER wear clothes"? and the answer is NO. She doesn't. At least not at home. We trip over her getting undressed in the doorway as we come in the house. We're going to have to break that habit before high school. ;)

No comments: