Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A family.....


This family was my first try at using the full manual settings on my camera. I had to choose the shutter speed and f/stop number. I have been practicing, but was really nervous about it because it takes alot of concentration to check the light meter and make sure everything in set right AND focus AND get everyone to look at the camera. I think I did o.k.

One thing that made the shoot difficult was about 10 mins. into the little girl (19 months) hopped out in the water on the waterfall and slid on a rock and started sliding towards the edge of the fall. It's about an 8 ft. drop. Her mom dove for her and caught her in plenty of time, but it scared me to death. The mom also only managed to get the bottom of her jeans wet so we finished up, but the parents seemed to be really nervous about letting the girls get very far from them (don't blame them) and I had to edit the dad's hand out of just about every shot. Very Stressful, but overall came out o.k.

You can see more of their pics HERE. It will only be there for a few days.

No comments: