Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 20, 2006

FUN couple......

*Click to see larger
These were taken Sunday afternoon. The couple was REALLY fun. I had a blast taking their pictures. The were pretty much up for anything I wanted to try. I LOVE that. They even crawled out on the waterfall. These are a just a few of my favorites. I really had to fight the sun and several pictures had a lot of shadows but I think they turned out pretty well. I hope they like them. These make me want to go back and take engagement pictures.

And on a different topic......Today is my 30th birthday. BUMMER! I just DID NOT want to be thirty!!!! I know I should have a positive attitude about it...you know the next 30 will be better than the first 30. But I just can't get the thought that I am no longer in my 20's anymore out of my head. So I have decided to do a pro and con list comparing 20 to 30.

Age 20 (1996)

Pro's
  • I was skinny
  • I was in college havin' fun!!!
  • I had NO stretch marks or C-section scars
  • I was single
  • I could function on less than 4 hrs. of sleep a night

Con's

  • I THOUGHT I was fat (wish I had dressed cuter)
  • I was in college writing papers and stressing over exams
  • I was single but wished I wasn't (if I knew I would meet HIM in just a few years I wouldn't have worried about being single SO much)
  • I had a roommate (who I loved) but could function on LESS sleep than me and we ALWAYS had people over.

Age 30 (2006)

Con's

  • Post baby fat and fatigue (I can barely walk up the stairs with out getting winded)
  • wishing I had the opportunity to do the things I had plenty of opportunities to do in college (Now I would take better advantage of that ceramics class I took and spend more time learning from that photography class instead of rushing off to hang out in the student center) I took them both the semester I pledged.
  • wishing I had gotten my degree in something besides art education....like photography or graphic design. (YES, DAD YOU WERE RIGHT....sorta)
  • knowing that 30 is that magic age were doctors believe you are now a high risk pregnancy or you are more likely to develp osteoporosis or whatever is included in the deteroration of your body. (I watch too much daytime talk shows)

Pros

  • I have a great husband and daughter
  • We have a house we love, the nicest car I have ever owned and we can pay ALL our bills.....on-time.
  • I have in-laws that treat me wonderfully and they live JUST down the road, but don't drop by unannounced.
  • I have parents that love my husband and actually ENJOY spending time with him and they are proud of us.
  • I have great friends that mean more to me than I can ever express
  • The most important of all......I really....really love where I am in my life right now.

So I guess turning 30 is not so bad......but can I just call it 29 +1?

1 comment:

Randell said...

A very Happy Birthday to you! I am 32 and love your pro con chart it is so true!!